Want to reformat your Dell laptop but don’t know how to do it? Due to virus infection or any other reason, it may require reformatting your laptop. In this article we are going to discuss how to reformat a Dell laptop. However, in order to accomplish this task, you can also consult a Dell support provider.
Let’s take a look at the steps below.
• Step 1: Backup all your important data. You can use external storage devices like CD, DVD or you may consult an online backup service provider.
• Step 2: Restart the computer and change the boot order on the Dell laptop. If you are using the CD or DVD, select it by using the up and down arrow keys. Save your preference and exit BIOS.
• Step 3: Insert the operating system installation disc and choose reformat and install option. All data stored on your Dell laptop will be erased and a fresh copy of Windows operating system will be installed.
• Step 4: Follow the onscreen prompts during the installation.
• Step 5: After complete installation, you need to run the Windows updates.
• Step 6: Then install all the necessary applications, and configure the preferences.
This is the process of reformatting you Dell laptop. If you come across any difficulties to accomplish reformatting process, get help from an operating system support provider.